Re: algea eating natives

>    Would anyone familiar enough with the natives post a list of algea eating
>herbavores to the list. Aside from American Flagfish, my knowledge here is
>limited. I would like this info to post on the APD list. Specificaly native
>fish which will eat algea and leave the plants alone.
>Thanks,
>Daryl

What's the APD list?

The Central Stoneroller, Campostoma anomalum eats algae.  I believe the
redbelly daces (Phoxinus sp) eat diatoms.

Mark Binkley
Columbus Ohio USA          <))><
mbinkley at earthling_net

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him
to use "the Net" and he won't bother you for weeks.