Re: proposed aquarium Suggestions and comments NEEDED badly

To put this simply, it will not work.    A general guideline for
aquariums is an inch of fish per gallon.  When dealing with agressive
fishes, sloppy fishes, and piscevores, this becomes espeically true.  The
catfish may be just fine.  However, sunfish are agressive fishes that are
extremely territorial.  They're going to beat the living daylights out of
each other if they get too close.  The larger they are, the more true this
gets.  Bass will produce huge ammounts of waste.  They'll also grow.  Bass
require lots of swimming room.
The next issue you're liklly to hit is the problems with keeping
bass/bluegill/catfish in captivity.  Bass certainly are game fish.
Bluegill snd catfish may be, depending on species and your state.  This
gives them special protection, and makes their keeping in captivity
illegal without a permit.  You should definitely look into this.
On the upside, I commend you for having the responsibility to look into
this project before leaping in with both feet.

 ><>
J. L. Wiegert                            NFC at actwin_com List Admin
Come Chat at SomeThing Fishy             To join: Send e-mail to
Telnet to:                               nfc-request at actwin_com with
Nexus.V-Wave.Com, port 7000              the command '' in
                                         the body.  To leave, use
www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/2308  ''.
 Dubotchugh yIpummoH.                      bI'IQchugh Yivang!