Majnipnor at aol_com: Hello Robert

Any help out there for this gentelman ?

From: Majnipnor at aol_com
To: RobertRice at juno_com
Subject: Hello Robert
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 10:32:38 -0500 (EST)

Hi Robert!

Was just finishing up reading my NANFA e-mail when your latest written
piece
arrived in my mailbox.  I have been a NANFA member now for a few years
and
have been on-line with our e-mail network for several months.

I love your writing and applaud your energy in enlightening the world
about
NA native fishes.

You may not recall this, but I e-mailed you on a number of occasions
several
months ago asking for a practical way to get some sunfish.  We
corresponded
with one another, I even included a brief history on myself to get you
"up to
snuff" with my fish-collecting skills.  At the time, I was a typical
tropical
fish collector but had always loved our local natives.

It was great having access to NANFA e-mail network because I have had the
opportunity to make contact with many interesting folks in our
organization.
 Mark Binkley and I still write regularly.

I was inspired by Mark's "go out there and get-um" enthusiasm when it
came to
local natives, so in September I went out with the wife and four kids and
caught some Bluegills (you know Lepomis sp.) and we have loved keeping
them
in one of my 55 gallon tanks.  The largest of them will actually jump
through
the water surface and take small redworms out of my hand!!

My problem is this.  I have had hip surgery this past June and am
restricted
to moving about with crutches.  (you should have seen me and the wife
with
fishing line and small hooks when we were cathing the bluegills - it was
hilarious!)  I need to know of a practical way to get some orange-spotted
or
longear (or both) sunfish to add to my wonderful natives.

Mark has offered longears but currently they are 1-1 1/2" in length and
my
largest bluegill is over 4"!  I tried adding a few different minnow
species
(bought from a local bait shop) but the two inch variety (I think
fatheads)
were eaten by the bluegills over a one week period.  I now have four
three
inch minnows in the tank, but I don't know for how long.

Do you know of anyone who can "share" "sell" and ship 3-4" sunfish
(orange
spotted or longears or punkinseed).  One thing that makes it difficult
for me
is that I feel that I have nothing to trade for them in the Trading post.

Hopefully, by next summer, I will be less limited physically, and able to
collect on my own.  My family and I really enjoy our native beauties.  As
get more experience with the sunfish, I hope to convert my 110 gallon
tank
over to natives.

Thanks
Dennis