RE: NANFA-- (Fwd) Question -- Sunfish

Hi Robert....

First of all, I appreciate you sending your response to us and
not just to the discussion group, since we are -not- subscribed to
the list yet.  In fact, if any other responses appear, regarding
our questions, that we aren't specifically listed on, can you
forward them please?

We are in Washington State...on the west side of the puget
sound...across from Seattle.  We found the fish in a man-made
lake, so it obviously was stocked there, somehow.  I read
somewhere that Pumpkinseed are illegally stocked in WA
state.  Sunfish are not native to our state (correct?) but some
of the local fish guides list both Pumpkinseed and Bluegill.  I've
seen several pictures of Pumpkinseed.....and there seems to
be two different fish depicted...both called Pumpkinseed.  Ours
fits one of the pictures, so I'm almost certain we have ID'd
correctly, at least as far as one of the types of Pumpkinseed
goes.  In addition to what I described previously, one more
feature it has is wavy blue lines on it's face.

Does Peterson's Field Guild include information on aquarium
care for native fish?

Thanks again for your help....we are looking forward to
learning more!

Lisa