NFC: A Yearly Tragidy

Hello All,
Its happening again this year, like it does every year. Our lovely State Fish Commission is stocking hundreds of thousands of trout into fragile streams where they do not belong and could not live naturally. Even though I am an avid sport fisherman I really detest this practice and fail to see the sport in catching tame fish that are used to having people come up and feed them. Aside from that I can only imagine what damage they do each year to the streams, rivers, and lakes they are dumped into. They are eating food that our natives need, and even eating our native fish that have a hard enough time already.

The other problem is "opening day" when the stocked streams are wall to wall with people fishing elbow to elbow. Most of these people are "weekend" warriors and this will be only time this year that they fish. They leave line, Styrofoam worm cups, and all sorts of other trash behind making a real mess. This is not to mention the damage that they do each year to the fragile riparian zone around the streams by trampling over fragile young plants.

Ok I am done venting now. What do you all think about this practice?

Wally

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---