From: "Wally Billingham" <wallybillingham at wallybillingham_com>
To: <nfc at actwin_com>
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 7:53 PM
Subject: NFC: A Yearly Tragidy

> Hello All,
> Its happening again this year, like it does every year. Our lovely State
Fish Commission is stocking hundreds of thousands of trout into fragile
streams where they do not belong and could not live naturally. Even though I
am an avid sport fisherman I really detest this practice and fail to see the
sport in catching tame fish that are used to having people come up and feed
them. Aside from that I can only imagine what damage they do each year to
the streams, rivers, and lakes they are dumped into. They are eating food
that our natives need, and even eating our native fish that have a hard
enough time already.

> The other problem is "opening day" when the stocked streams are wall to
wall with people fishing elbow to elbow. Most of these people are "weekend"
warriors and this will be only time this year that they fish. They leave
line, Styrofoam worm cups, and all sorts of other trash behind making a real
mess. This is not to mention the damage that they do each year to the
fragile riparian zone around the streams by trampling over fragile young
plants.