NFC: RE: Fw: catfish

Winn wrote: I also have noticed down in South Georgia - the Ocmulgee is
where I fish
> a lot.  I have noticed that redbreast are very rarley found.  I figured
> it had something to do with the catfish.

In my experience shocking the system, the Ocmulgee (as well as every other
river system in GA are loaded w/redbreast sunfish--one of the most common
spp.  Maybe you don't catch them as often on hook 'n line, but they're
there, in large numbers.  I'm not sure that catfish would have much, if any
affect on the sunnys--they may feed on them as juveniles, but it shouldn't
have a negative affect on the overall population of the river.