Re: NFC: Re: Re: Stunted fish growth and breeding

Hi Kris

ask that guy sometime how old his channel cat is. At
30" he is probably well over five years. However......

18" at one year of age is considered very well for
commercial facilities, thats about 12oz. Growth after
the first year is on the other side of the bell curve.

You will get a percentage of a spawn that will hit
20-22" at a year of age, but seldom more then 15-20%
of them.

My guess is that his cats skin abrasions come from
spooking when the lights come on quickly. Channel cats
have no problem normally turning in tight spots, those
long whiskers tell them right where they are at, but
lights coming on quickly blind them and they panic.

I have seen five year old breeders packed 3 each to
conventional commercial styro boxes ship just fine,
not a mark on them.

nuff,

this is my last on this thread.
enjoy,
jake
--- Kristine Weisbrod Massin <kwmprairie at hotmail_com>