NFC: Native/Temperate plants

Hi all,

I don't know how many of you remember a fwd that was put up here by Robert
last week some time.  A lady in CT. was putting together a tank in her
classroom and asked for some advice and assistance.  I responded to her
request, and hopefully I am helping her and not just overwhelming her with
ideas and advice.  :-)  Well, she and I have reached an area that exceeds my
knowledge, and we are not just talking about women.  She would like to keep
live plants in the Aquarium.  My knowledge here is limited so I turn to you
all.  She has a 20 gallon Eclipse from Marineland.  It has 2 light bulbs
which I recommend she switch to 2 full spectrum/daylight quality bulbs.  She
will be keeping some wild collected blue gill a small wild bullhead catfish
and a crawdad.  Does anyone have any suggestions on plants for this set up?
I recommended to her duckweed and a maybe a temperate lily of some type.
Any suggestions or advice on plants in the temperate aquarium would be well
received by her and me.  Also, if you know a source for these plants if they
are not easily collected in the NorthEast, please don't hesitate to say so.

Kevin