Re: NFC: ID of Some Fish

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, spituch wrote:
> http://users.ev1.net/~spituch/Steve's%20Page/Aquarium/Texas%
> 20Plants/July%2015,%202001/07015001exp.html
>
> These fish are slimmer, more torpedo like, and have broader and
> rounder heads than the shiners.  I would appreciate if someone
> could tell me  what kind of fish they are.  They like to stay on
> the bottom of the tank.

Charles Anderton and I caught fish which looked a lot like this. (I'll
check when I get back home). This was in near Ft. Worth.

IANAI (I Am Not An Ichtyologist) and I kinda thought that we collected
blacktail shiners.

> Also check out the July 1 expedition page that shows the Red
> Shiners.

Nice pics. It's difficult to get good pics of an aquarium. And, you may
not want to crowd the Red Shiners so much. These fish need some room. They
also like some flat rocks in the tank (they lay eggs in the crevices
between flat rocks).

Sajjad

--
Sajjad Lateef   email: sajjad <at> acm.org
Chicago, IL     web: http://www.lateef.org/sajjad/

Follow-Ups: References: