NFC: Re: Collecting on a Sunday

A buddy and I went collecting in 18 mile Creek of Erie County, NY last
Sunday.  I was hoping to grab a couple of Bowfin fry.  How ever, after just a
couple of hours we were able to bring home some 3" long nosed gar, Stonecats,
a slew of black bullhead fry, yellow and brown bullhead fry, some
carpsuckers, 1 1/2" Quillbacks, Longnosed dace and one lone female blacksided
darter.  Also, enough blacknosed shiner fry to keep the gars happy.  Try as
we did there was not a bowfin to be found.

What surprised me was the lack of darter population and in their place was
the round head goby!

Bill