RE: NFC: Aquarium backgrounds

> No one happens to know if spray paint will damage plexiglass
> do they?

I have painted plexi without any immediate problems but have never had the
opportunity to check for longterm problems.

>I was thinking I'd
> like how the black would look, but it seems like it would
> make the tank kind
> of dreary.

I prefer using a dark green paint (some variation of "forest green") for
backgrounds.  It gives a fairly natural underwater tone to the whole tank.
I have also experimented with varying degrees of success with painting tanks
using a variety of earth tones using diluted paints in spray bottles.  You
can set the spray bottles to mist and then using them in random patterns and
random colors get a unique and fairly natural mottling of colors which look
like algae covered rocks.  I learned this technique from a reptile exhibit
designer at a zoo where I used to work.

Rob Denkhaus
Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge
 "El muerto a la sepultura, el vivo a la travesura"
 "The dead to burial, the living to mischief"

 I'm