NFC: Fw: Jan 24 SICK Appelate Court Hearing on Land Use

River Lovers,
    Bill Ogle and John Rimes will present their arguments against the use
of
land just three miles from the Ichetucknee River for a cement kiln in
Tallahassee at 9 AM, January 24.  Since this is a federal court, no
cameras
are allowed.  Appropriate dress is business style.  No protests will be
welcomed inside the court room.
    Regardless of the outcome, Bill Ogle has pledged to take the case to
the
Florida Supreme Court.

    I think it appropriate to congratulate Jeb Bush on his decision to
allocate significant funds to "restoring the springs."  In addition, Jeb
Bush
has provided significant funds to begin restoration of the Oklawaha
River.
Despite past decisions which we may have opposed, appreciation is in
order
for good decisions.  I suggest that river lovers write a note of thanks
the Governor and to Secretary Struhs.  People react positively to
appreciation.
    Jeb at jeb_org    and     david.struhs at dep_state.fl.us

    The Ichetucknee Mobilization group presented a splendid festival on
Martin Luther King Day at the beautiful Suwannee County farm of John
Parino.
The day was beautiful, entertainment was superb, and the culminating
peaceful
march was joined by three significant people: The Suwannee County
Under-sheriff, Les Hall, danced at the entrance of S/A; Bill Ogle
received
applause for his pro bono efforts as SICK lawyer; Suwannee County
Commissioner Randy Hatch participated.
    What is the purpose of such a festival?  Over three hundred people
attended, making contact with other environmentalists.  Coalitions must
be
formed.  The President of the Green Party came, as well as people from
all
over Florida.  Awareness was raised for the upcoming January 24 appeal in
the
federal court.
    Ichetucknee Mobilization rejuvenated the efforts to Stop Ichetucknee
Cement Kiln.  Thanks to all of them.
Virginia Seacrist
SICK, Chairperson