RE: NFC: ERP IS BACK!!!

I don't think the idea should be enforcement, but a code of ethics.  The
point is removal.

Would be an interesting research subject to find out which States, if any,
have a no-release policy regarding 'foreign' organisms.  It's probably
posted somewhere.  I know Florida is fairly adamant about putting in
anacheris :)(I think that's the one clogging our byways.)

I think the policy is fairly clear on the ERP page, which implies removal as
the primary concern, and whether they are eaten, sold, or euthanized is
actually a by-product of removal.

A code of ethics for aquarists would be a good idea as far as sales go.

A recipe book would also be appropriate (I think there are a few recipes on
the NFC site).

And, methods for euthanization should be there as well which I know would
include standard fishing practices such as a fishing license, appropriate
fishing gear, and any other applicable laws regarding harvesting and
handling.  (I believe some of this is also covered under "follow the
applicable State Laws".

As far as territory goes for shipping -  An aquarium is an aquarium wherever
it lie.... Of course, when I first read the "Mason Dixon line" I took it as
a funny :)  I still do.  I wouldn't mind getting breeder sized fish
personally.  And Titusville is only a few hours South.  So, I'd hate to be
excluded from picking up some breeder sized fish just because I live in
Florida...

Paul

Sachs Systems Aquaculture
and Web Presence
1185 Thompson Bailey Road
St. Augustine FL  32084

PHONE:  (904) 824 - 6308
EMAIL:  Mailto:deano at aquaculturestore_com
web  :  http://www.aquaculturestore.com