Re: Mites

Hi.

I have "mites" too, in my white worm cultures.  They seem to thrive when it
gets a little warm and drop off when it cools.  But they are always there.

My "mites" are small flies that have swept-back wings.  They are definitely
affected by the temperature. Below 58 degrees or so I don't see them.

I also have daphnia cultures in my basement, and these "mites" also appear to
lay eggs in them, producing black mosquito-like larva that the fish relish.

My solution has been to ignore them and wait for cooler weather.

Good luck!

Bill