Location data on fish

All,      How many of you keep Elassomas(pygmy sunfish)?  It is
important  to keep location data.  The only reason I bring up these fish
is I'm
very interested in them.  If you mixed locations or don't have an
idea,then they are aquarium strain.  The method behind my madness here is
A lot of our natives are distinctly different throughout there range.
This will be helpful in
further studies by both "educated biologists" and home or school of
hardknocks fish enthusiasts.  A not so recent example is the spotted
sunfish,
which is now two fish one is a subspecies. Lepomis Punctatus punctatus
and L. punctatus miniatus.  What I'm getting at is you might not know
what you have, and the location makes it that much more special.   This
is also important when trading fish, it's nice to know where your new
fish actually came from. This will help in appreciating other areas, much
like some tropical
fish enthusiasts are very interested in what happens in the amazon or
lake
victoria for example.  This is partially in regards to Mark Binkleys Fish
Shipping/Trading letter in the back of the American Currents...

Ray

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]