Re: Algae

If the phosphate is in your tap water then it's not too easy to get rid of
the source <g>. Other than using PhosSorb all the time (expensive) or
getting a RO unit and running all my change water thru it, I cannot think of
a solution. One thing I am going to try is adding some nitrate to my tank. I
have 0 notrates as-is an my understanding it this may mean my plants are
nitrate limited. With added nitrate, the theory goes, the plants will use
more phosphate and the system (hopefully) will become phosphate limited and
the &%$#@ algae will all die (a painful death I hope).