[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
I have a 75 gallon, once heavily plant and fish populated tank, that recently
suffered a protozoan infection which wiped out 75+% of the fish population.
Since then the plants have also taken a nose dive. I suspected a nitrogen
deficiency and when I checked the nitrates I found a 0 to <5 ppm reading. I
decided to fertilize the tank with potassium nitrate so I made up a 5 ppm N
solution of reagent grade KNO3. I didn't think about the possibility of
potassium toxicity for my fish and I'm wondering if this is a possibility. I
figure I added about 17 ppm K20 at a 5 ppm N dosage. Anyone out there know
at what levels potassium becomes toxic to freshwater fish?