Potassium toxicity?

I have a 75 gallon, once heavily plant and fish populated tank, that recently
suffered a protozoan infection which wiped out 75+% of the fish population.
Since then the plants have also taken a nose dive.  I suspected a nitrogen
deficiency and when I checked the nitrates I found a 0 to <5 ppm reading.  I
decided to fertilize the tank with potassium nitrate so I made up a 5 ppm N
solution of reagent grade KNO3.  I didn't think about the possibility of
potassium toxicity for my fish and I'm wondering if this is a possibility.  I
figure I added about 17 ppm K20 at a 5 ppm N dosage.  Anyone out there know
at what levels potassium becomes toxic to freshwater fish?

Chazz