Re: Aquascaping competitions in North America (by photo)

>Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 14:24:47 -0700
>From: Wright Huntley <huntley1 at home_com>
>
>I find myself remarkably uninterested in this idea.

Mega-dittos, Wright.

>Let me put forth a slightly different alternative.
>
>I would like to see tanks by a number of people, all shown at one location.
>[If in a high traffic mall or fair, we might even recruit some other
>addicts... er, hobbyists.] A single-size tank, with some simple judging
>standards that all understand, could leave the gardening and artistic skills
>as the thing we are trying to improve.

I don't think this would prove very much either, other than who can lug the
most stuff to a mall. Anyway, my "single size" tanks are 100 gallons. Kind
of awkward, what?

>*Then* an impartial photographer could snap the winning tank at each local
>show, and near year-end we could have an international show-by-photo to try
>to pick the best of those winners. No photos by the entrants, tho.

I would have to ask who is qualified to judge such a competition. Are there
any aquascaping experts in North America? Perhaps entry fees could be used
to fly some experienced Dutch judges in for the judging.

Sorry, I think I am still uninterested.

George Booth, Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  NEW! On-line Aquascping seminar. More to come! WOW!
    http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/