Re: Mergus vs Tetra Baensch "Aquarium Atlas"

Tom Bates writes:

> Volume 1 was found to have misinformation regarding SAE's. A more complete
>  atlas for freshwater fish, in my opinion, is Dr. Herbert Axelrod's Atlas of
>  Aquarium Freshwater Fishes.

You're concerned about errors and then recommend Axelrod?  Even when his
errors are pointed out to him, Herb continues to publish the same invalid
names and mis-identifications over and over again.  Perhaps as much as 80% of
the bad info in the hobby are the result of Herb's failure to get it right and
refusal to correct it, combined with the image of "Ultimate Authority" that
TFH portrays to neophytes.

Bob Dixon