new tank problems please help me.

Dan,
The brown algae you speak of is common in newly planted tanks. I believe
most of us have experienced this algae. When I had it, I wasn't sure what
to do, but I have seen posts that increase of light will remove it. It
dissipated in about 10 - 14 days. What you need to be careful with is the
next algae bloom you could receive. Blue-green or hair algae due to the
increase of nutrients. Monitor your nitrates and phosphates closely during
this early stage.
I'm sure you have seen the posts on the PMDD doses. Proper nutrients and
you won't have much of an algae problem.

Good Luck ;)

David Lorenzen