Planaria in aquaria

Hello all, I have a 55G with black convicts and Jack Dempseys. It's
partially planted and that's only sometimes, in regards to the
inhabitants. pH~6.7 dK~2 dH~6 80F are the conditions, with 1/4
changes every two weeks. When the light came on yesterday, I noticed
a spot on my glass about the size of a silver dollar. It looked like
paper towel lint adhering to the outside, but it was actually about
100 small white worms, ~1 mm in size. I collected some and looked at
them under a microscope and verified they were planaria. I did some
net surfing and they pretty much live in ponds and eat dead things
and are non-parasitic. That's GOOD! I don't like parasites, plus my
convicts have a swarm of fry about two weeks old and I didn't want
them to be infected. Do I have a need to be concerned? The net says
they are light sensitive, but they are still there in gleaming
fluorescent light, defying all known planaria behavior. Any input
would be great and appreciated. Thanks...
Jamie Johnson         "Keep your eyes on the stars
Chemist-Trace Metals   and your feet on the ground"
Davis & Floyd, Inc.            -Theodore Roosevelt
jjohnson at davisfloyd_com
(864)229-4413 work
(864)229-7119