Re: Dupla Fe, K Test

>From: "Christopher Coleman" <christopher.coleman at worldnet_att.net>
>Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 11:59:06 -0500

Way back ...

>All tests with exception of the Duplaplant24 were performed
>using a Plasma AtomComp inductively coupled plasma emission
>spectrometer.
>
>The results were as follows:
>Duplaplant
>Fe: 13.2 mg/L
>K: 140.0 mg/L
>
>Duplaplant24
>Fe: 0.455 mg/L
>K: 0.042 mg/L
>
>Finally, before submission, the Duplaplant24 sample was also
>tested for iron using Lamotte test kit model P-62. ( 0.2 accuracy in the
>range of 0.05 - 1.0 ) The results were 0.11 mg/L or a deviation
>from the spectrometer's results by a factor of more than two (2).
>Is this is acceptable at the very low concentrations involved?

I would guess that the LaMotte kit is reading just Fe++ and Fe+++ (or some
variant) and the plasma test is reading ALL iron; oxidized, reduced, rust,
you name it.

George Booth, Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  Back on-line! New URL! Slightly new look! Same good data!
    http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/