Re: Anubias

>Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 16:46:51 EST
>From: IDMiamiBob at aol_com
>
>I ordered some plants from Pets Warehouse today, most of which I haven't kept
>before.  Can someone explain the proper planting of Anubias barteri var.
nana?
>I have gleaned something about the rhizome being above the substrate.  How
>far, and how do you hold it in place until it fixes its roots in the
>substrate?

We simply push enough of the roots and rhizome into the substrate to keep
it in place. They don't seem very fussy. I've never actually buried the
rhizome completely and would hazard a guess that that would be bad.

George Booth, Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  Back on-line! New URL! Slightly new look! Same good data!
    http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/