Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #734

I am currently battling a case of black brush algae. I have tried everything to
eliminate the problem. I know that high nitrates are usually the cause of BBA.
But, I tested my tap water the other day for phosphates, and came up with a
reading of .50 ppm in my tap water. Would purchasing a product called
"phos-zorb" to strip the phosphates out of my aquarium be worth trying?? It's a
sponge that you put right into your filter, and it supposedly keeps the
phosphates down. Would this product also strip other important nutrients from my
tank??

Dana K.