Aquarium on Wheels?

>Have any of you made an aquarium stand that sits on wheels?  i.e those heavy
>duty ball-bearing shop casters?    I'm about to put in new carpet and am not
>looking forward to breaking down and moving a 30 and 75 gallon tank.  The 75,
>especially, will need to have more than just water removed.  From time to
time
>it would be nice to be able to change the location of the tank as well.

I think having a large aquarium on wheels would be a _very_ chancy
proposition.  When you think of the weight that will be sitting on 4 small
axles, let alone the weight that will rest on 4 very small surfaces of the
floor, I think you're asking for trouble.   Even if you get a set up that
will actually support that weight, the _last_ thing I'd want is something
that heavy that could move around.  It's a lot easier to get something
heavy moving than it is to stop it.  I know this from experience pulling
horse and travel trailers.  Added to the weight, when you have something
moveable in the heavy-moving-thing-on-wheels (like a horse in a trailer, or
water in a tank) it takes even more time, space and finesse to stop it
without damaging anything or anybody.

Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Association