SAEs (somewhat off topic)

Recently, all four of my SAEs died overnight for no apparent reason. I have
other fish (angels, loaches, and corys) in the same tank that were not
affected.  The tank is planted and has been established for about six
months.

One of the SAEs died from jumping out of the tank, which I have noticed over
the years can happen when a fish is suffering from an ailment. However, the
other three died in the aquarium.  Since the other tank mates are still
doing well, I would imagine that what killed the SAEs is something that
specifically attacks them, but the others are immune to it.

Up until their deaths, the SAEs did not seem to have any signs of illness.
However, after their deaths, I noticed that there seemed to be a redness on
their abdomen - in front of the anal opening.

Has anyone on the list had similar experiences with SAEs? Does anyone have a
clue as to what could have killed them.

Regards,
Ken Guin
Kenguin at homemail_com