Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #94

<<
 I would like to get some feedback on some T8 bulbs. The three that I'm
 looking at are:

           Model      Temp       CRI
 GE:     F32T8SP65    6500K      75
 GE:     F32T8SPX50   5000K      86
 Osram:  F032950      5000K      90

 Is it better to go for higher kelvins or higher CRI for medium light
 plants?
 Which bulbs have a more aesthetically pleasing light, in you guys'
 opinion?
 Any other things I should consider?

 Fucntionally (as opposed to looks) I suggest a minimum of 5000K and as high a
CRI
of 90 or more; for most set-ups, mixes of stocks... how much intensity? Give
us some input as to the shape/size of the system, species mix.
Bob Fenner