[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Manganese and magnesium
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Manganese and magnesium
- From: Paul Sears <psears at nrn1_NRCan.gc.ca>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 10:01:02 -0500 (EST)
- In-Reply-To: <199801260848.DAA00605 at acme_actwin.com> from "Aquatic Plants Digest" at Jan 26, 98 03:48:20 am
I have noticed some confusion in a couple of recent postings.
Manganese and magnesium are _not_ the same. Magnesium can be added as
epsom salts (magnesium sulphate). Manganese is usually added in chelated
form; if your trace element mix doesn't contain it, you could use
any manganese salt with a nontoxic counterion (I have used the sulphate),
mixed in a solution with EDTA or its disodium salt. Manganese salts
will probably have to be obtained from a laboratory supply company.
Paul Sears Ottawa, Canada