Re: Algae Scubbers

<< Does anyone know where I can read about algae scrubbers?  Or does anyone
> know the general features, performance, idea, complexity, success that
> others have had?  Thanks.  I am considering trying it as an experimental
> thing on one of my tanks. >>

This was covered a few months ago.  An algae scrubber grows algae in an
"auxilliary tank".  It consumes nitrogen compounds and all the other nutrients
in the water.  It competes with plants, and is therefore not desireable as a
filter for planted tanks.  They achieve their results the same way planted
tanks achieve good water quality.  I also understand they are also spendy

Bob Dixon