Aqualine Buschke

> Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 17:35:14 -0400
> From: krandall at world_std.com
> Subject: Aqualine Buschke
>
> I was flipping thru the latest Pet Warehouse catalog and came across a
> listing for Aqualine Buschke CO2 equipment.  The have a reasonable
looking
> reactor for $25, a regulator and "fine setting valve" for $120, and a
> bubble counter for $16.  These are low enough prices that I'd even feel
> comfortable recommending them to somei\one who didn't want to hunt down
all
> the parts to do it themselves... They don't sell the CO2 tank, you have
> get that yourself, locally.
>
> Anybody tried this equipment yet?

I have a couple of the reactors and bubble counters.

The bubble counters are very nicely made.  The integrated check valve does
not stop water from backflowing on at least one of my units, but I didn't
arrange my equipment to depend on it so that was okay for me.  I like them.

When I first put the reactors in they didn't seem to work very well.  Even
with low CO2 flows, perhaps one bubble per second or less, they burped
quite frequently.  Now they do fine at up to 2 bubbles per second.  I don't
know why the difference.

Frank.
-----
The very act of seeking sets something in motion to meet us;
something in the universe, or in the unconscious responds as if
to an invitation.  - Jean Shinoda Bolen

http://home.istar.ca/~fir