[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
re: Lighting question. . .
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com (Aquatic-Plants)
- Subject: re: Lighting question. . .
- From: "David W. Webb" <dwebb at ti_com>
- Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 17:43:26 -0500
- Conversation-Id: <BMSMTP8606255367a0206807 at dsks52_itg.ti.com>
>Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 10:54:11 -0400
>From: Edziu Iskra <edziu at cybernex_net>
>I have some extra 12-v mini-halogen fixtures that I've been contemplating
>using on my plant tank.
>Any comments, advice, suggestions? And no, I haven't figured out exactly
>how I'm going to set up reflector/s just yet. 8)
Just thinking about it, one relatively inexpensive way to do 12v halogen
lighting over a tank would be to use automotive headlight bulbs. I suspect
the high beam bulbs would do very well. You can even remove the front
diffuser and allow the UV produced to get to the tank. Keep an eye on your
tank's temperature, though. They do emit a lot of infrared.
David W. Webb