new CO2 system

I would be interested if anyone out there has tried the electrolysis method
of generating CO2 in their aquariums.  Monolith Marine Monsters will be
carrying a unit that does this; here is the ad:

Electrolysis CO2 System

     (Minimum accessories to buy for full-operation - Timer)

     Uses electrolysis technology to turn a carbon stick into CO2 and H2
     gases.

     (More info to follow......)

The system uses a stick of carbon and electrodes to produce CO2 and H2
gases.  One question is:  Is the H2 gas any danger given all the electrical
appliances nearby?  After all the discussion about CO2 collecting under the
hood of someone's tank and killing the fish, I think this could be a
legitimate question.
--

Please note new e-mail address:
Roxanne Bittman, Botanist                    Natural Heritage Division