[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #264

} From: Cynthia Powers <cyn at metronet_com>
} Date: Sat, 17 Feb 1996 21:49:30 -0600 (CST)
} Subject: re: Hair algae
}
} This will be one of at least seven messages saying the same thing:
}
} Get a SAE (Siamese algae eater) - Epalzeorhynchus siamensis.
}
} :)
}
} Cynthia
}
Cynthia,
	I have 5 3"+ SAE's in my 180gal and although they are always
working on the algae on the plant leaves I have never seen them
work on hair algae (which I still have plenty of). Has anyone
actually seen an SAE eat hair algae or thread algae.  Of course
my SAE's seem really fat, maybe they are simply getting over fed
on all the rest of the algae and don't get to the hair algae :-)

Ted.

--
Ted Fidder
   (fidder at drmail_dr.att.com) (303)-538-5106