[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: mudskippers

>------------------------------
>
>From: "Lisa A. Schultz" <lisa at localnet_com>
>Date: Sat, 17 Feb 96 21:18:10 -0800
>Subject: medskipper information
>
>My 8-year-old daughter is looking for information about a mudskipper.
>Apparently all the children in her class have picked a fish to do a report
>on, and she was given the mudskipper. when I perform a search on
>the mudskipper on the net I get reference to the Ren and stimply cartoon.
>  from what my 10-year-old tells me there is some theme song associated
>with this mudskipper in that "program".  Anyway any information you can
>provide or an address on the net that we can search would be most
>appreciated.
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Lisa
>lisa at localnet_com

I looked around on the web for a while and didn't find much about
mudskippers.  There was a web page from some Asian college or university
that had a faculty member who did research on mudskippers, but the page
didn't say what the institution was, and it didn't have any links at all!!
There is a National Geographic video about mangrove animals for 19.95, but
I figured you didn't want that.  I found a list of TFH (Tropical Fish
Hobbyist) articles that had one about mudskippers, July 1979.  That's about
it, although I can't say I did anything like a complete web search.  There
may be some more info in the Smithsonian web pages and their connections; I
only looked at some of them.  It doesn't look as though the web is a good
place to look for articles on mudskippers for 8 year olds.  I sure did run
across a lot of Ren and Stempy enthusiasts, and I couldn't help thinking
that these were people who had nothing interesting (like aquatic plants)
for a hobby. <g>  I would say your best bet is to go to the biggest nearby
library and look for some books on fish.
Good luck!

Where our chances for decent winter weather are passing quickly. Soon there
will be nothing to look forward to but tornadoes and floods