Re: [APD] Air pump noise

My experience with air pumps is that they are never quiet, never will be.

My solution was to put the pump in a wooden box lined with foam to absorb
and muffle the noise. Another solution is to mount the pump in a remote
location to get it way from the tank, like under the sofa. You have to run
longer air line and probably buy a more powerful pump. If you go cheap,
that is what you end up with.

When I concentrated more on plants and away from fish, I stopped using an
air pump and decided to let the plants do the work of exchanging gasses. I
have few fish so there's never a lack of O2 for them.

--
Harry Martin
Casper, WY