Re: [APD] Tannins

> > Also, any good way to get all the tannins out? Between the dirt and two pieces of driftwood, my water is very yellow. I keep hoping the duckweed and water hyacinth will suck them up, but that doesn't seem to be the case, and I'd rather not resort to filters and activated carbon.

> If you have any fish, they may appreciate the natural tannins but carbon will remove it in short order.

I've heard a few times that fish like tannins, and was wondering what the source is for that. What are the benefits supposed to be.

I'l grant that they clearly aren't hurting anything. My water parameters are fine, the fish are happy, and the plants are growing, but it is getting unsightly. Not high on my priority list, but it would be nice to clear up.