[APD] the non-aquatic plant issue

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 11:30:26 -0700
> From: Rhonda Wilson <rhonda at naturalaquariums_com>
> Subject: [APD] the non-aquatic plant issue
> To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
>
> This drives me nuts too. It's so dishonest. Most of the time when people
> tell me all their plants are dying and can't grow plants it's because
> they are non-aquatic plants. We just need to keep everyone complaining
> and calling them out. If they got enough bad publicity out of it they
> would change their ways pretty darn fast I bet. It's too bad we can't
> get one of the major national news outlets to pick up an article. I
> wonder if someone wrote something descent and sent it in to the AP if we
> could get some coverage.
>
> Rhonda

I doubt it would make much difference.  It's like the vehicle manufacturers referring to all of these clunky station wagons as SUVs when they are built on car chassis and would not last two minuted off the pavement, regardless of whatever kind of pseudo-4WD or all-wheel-drive or other BS they allegedly have.  And now they call station wagons 'crossovers' whatever the hell that is supposed to mean.  I call them all FUVs, or Fake Utility Vehicles.  Or how they act like it's okay to put a Cadillac badge and some boxy panels on a Tahoe, then charge an additional $15k for it.

It has to be handled on a store-by-store basis.  Try to talk to the manager and see if they will change their evil ways.  If it's a major chain, like Wal-Mart or Petsmart or Petco, forget it.  They will keep on doing what the corporate office wants.  But the smaller stores may just not have anybody working there who knows any better.  It has until recently (thanks, Al!) been so difficult to find any real info on aquatic plants, and most aquarists have such poor lighting systems, it's a miracle if anything lives!

Nick A