Re: [APD] Hiccup

I believe BRiaN Forsythe wrote this email section below:
> I believe Paul's point (which mirrors what I've been thinking) is that for
> your experiment to be valid, you need a control.  In this case, I believe
> the simplest would be to do the same to both tanks, just skipping the
> Safestart in one.  Although you've done this before, you can't vouch for all
> of the contents of the atmosphere, room, whatever.

Unfortunately I only have the one tank.

As I did the same set up in the first experiment minus the adding of
bacteria then doesn't that count as a sort of 'control'?

You'll be telling me next that I need to ensure that I had the same clothes
on and my physical handling of the objects may make a difference.

Ideally I'd also need to purchase 2 tanks, heaters, filters,etc. from the
same production line stock.

OK, in a Lab these parameters would be controlled too. But it's just me in a
wee room in a wee hoose. :-)

--
Stuart Halliday
http://mytriops.com/