Re: [APD] T5 lights, opinions on options

The AH Supply are really the best for the bent tube PC's, which are
generally T5's bent in half.  The problem is that the reflectors are
best for bent tubes, but not best for straight tubes.  The AH reflectors
for PC are really a best option given the situation.  For straight T5's,
individual parabolic reflectors from Tek or Icecap are best.  IMO, going
to T5 is only worth it if you are willing to buy a quality fixture with
individual reflectors or individual reflectors for DIY parts.
Alternately, Tek now has retrofit kits with reflectors, wires, ballasts,
endcaps,etc. www.reefgeek.com and www.hellolights.cm both carry a
descent selection of DIY stuff for T5 at reasonable prices.

One last nice thing about T5 which most people do not realize, they are
a little shorter than T8/12 tubes.  This means you can actually fir
"4'" T5 tube over your 55 gallon since it is only ~45", IIRC.  I
remember the 39watt "3'" tubes were only 34" long.

Now, if someone would only come out with a ~28" tube to help those of us
with 30" tanks.

Dennis