[APD] EI method in heavily stocked tank?

I'm new to the whole planted aspect of aquaria but not quite ready to give
up the fish side.  I've been soaking up all the info I can find on the
subject in the past couple of months, and want to give EI a try.  Would I
have to adjust the fert amounts in a more heavily stocked tank (that is also
heavily planted, 2.5 wpg, co2+)?  I'm thinking that maybe I'd have to cut
back especially on NO3 and PO4?  I'm not planning on overstocking on fish;
just wanted a little more than a school of neons or something...

Thanks, Nancy