Re: [APD] Snail killers and Governments

Hello Tom,
I put 15 clown loaches into one pond.   They lasted a year before they were
all gone.   I still had plenty of snails while they were there so I came to
the conclusion there must have been plenty of other things natural for them
to eat.

I have applied to the Government to have fish imported in the past.   It
takes years and when you do succeed with one department another steps in and
uses different legislation to stop new fish.   They are hell bent on
promoting the underground illegal smuggling trade where there is no regard
for disease introduction and animal security.

I will ask my local Fisheries if they would support a new critter just for
my ponds.   If they say yes then I will go to the dept of Environmet &
Heritage, if they say yes then I have top go to Biosecurity Australia.   The
chances of getting past the first lot is like winning the lottery three time
in a row.

I will ask.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Cheers