Re: [APD] Automatic fish feeder

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 17:03:39 -0400, "Jerry Smith"
<jerrytheplater at hotmail_com> wrote:

>I used a feeder of the type that has portions of food on a horizontal disc
>that rotates by a clock drive motor. The food gets pushed around the disc
>until it falls into the tank.

You make a good point about how that type allowed the
food to pick up moisture. I didn't like that
arrangement.

One thing that I looked for in product descriptions was
that it was moisture proof or resistant. I didn't want
to hook up an air line. The Eheim adds its own air
somehow. That seems like a good arrangement but it's
double what I hoped to pay. Most of the cheap ones
didn't say they were moisture proof. Some reviews I
read said moisture could be a problem with this or that
product.

The one I bought is supposed to be free of problems
with moisture. Hopefully that will prove to be the
case.

Don