Re: [APD] Re: Flourite -- or - Return to dustily dustily dust

--- Thomas  Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net> wrote:

> . . .Rinse the flourite 2-3x, do not try
> and clean it all the way.

And alternatively and possibly easier method is to not
rinse the Flourite at all (or only once and let it dry out
again). Except for the top rougly half inch or so -- rinse
that two or three times and lay over the rest, then fill
the tank slowly.
No dust storm -- more time spent filling the tank with
water but much less time rinsing. I'd rather fill than
rinse. I can do other things while filling ;-)

Scott H.

=====
Want to get dirty but stay clean?

Diana Walstad, author of _Ecology of the Planted Aquarium_ will discuss soil supplemented aquarium substrates at the 2004 AGA Convention.

Convention Details/Registration at aquatic-gardeners.org & gwapa.org