Re: [APD] Corkscrewing leaves - name the deficiency

Doesn't sound like you have too little Ca around. If it's
Ca deficiency, something is impeding uptake. The old Roger
post is interesting, yes. How about, if you have CaCO3
powder, you pack some into a ball and stuff it into the
substrate beneath some of the root tips -- maybe wrap in a
piece of newpaper first (or get some writing chalk). That
should settle the Ca issue.

Scott H.

http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plants/month.9804/msg00552.html

> It has gone through my mind to actually do some
> extreme vacuuming to be able to sort out the substrate.
>
> And I have actually put some chalkboard pieces in
> the substrate aproximately by this plant roots some
> months ago. Will check where they are.
>
> Another clue(?) is that nitrate-uptake seems really
> low despite DOC-free water and plenty of PO4.
>

> regards
> Daniel Larsson

=====
Field Trip to the Baltimore Aquarium and The Aquarium Center
First event of the AGA Annual Convention Nov 12, 13 & 14;
Details & Registration at www.aquatic-gardeners.org  & www.gwapa.org