[APD] Re: MTS

They were  scourge in my tanks.  I once dumped a half-gallon of miriatic acid
into a 10 gallon tank.  after a week, the snails were gone, but the shells
had buffered off the acid to a point where pH was 7.4 (tested it just on
curiosity).

THey are almost as bad as zebra mussels, IMHO.  Venezuelans I have kept under
control in some tanks, but not in others.  I've heard that there is an
attractive red snail in Italy, but no one I know of has imported them.  I've kept
viviporous snails from Western NY in cold water tanks, but they don't do well in
tropical temperatures.

Bob Dixon
º º º º o