[APD] NaHCO3 and salinity buildup.

Hello Chris
I use potassium bicarbonate instead of sodium bicarbonate to increase
carbonate hardness then you don't have to worry about possible salt build
up.  I still do regular 20 - 50 % water changes which seems to make the
plants grow better.

Dave

Okay.

KHCO3 makes complete sense. No salt, and we replace with potentially useful potassium. However, my PMDD mix already includes potassium nitrate (KNO3). Can you overdo postassium? Am I over simplifying by overlooking the bonded nitrate?

- Chris.