[APD] soil substrate.

Thank you all for the earnest responses. After a few tank setups disasters I opted to use less soil and have it look cleaner in the mean time. I'm sure other factors are at work here also but the plants seem a bit malnourished to my inexperienced eyes. I try to feed the fish plenty. From what I understand it wouldn't take that many to supply adequate N and P. As long as there's adequate K so it's not the limiting factor. I realize N can be limiting too but i'm ignoring this at the moment. I guess a real question would be, can the smallish amount of soil I used actually be depleted of anything in a year?

I used soil from an old tomato pot. i thought it would be pretty depleted of N and P. And most of the roots can be sifted out. It might not be optimal but there was no algea blooming.

Check your PC for viruses with the FREE McAfee online computer scan. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

Aquatic-Plants mailing list
Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com