[APD] Hoods/canopies

I currently have an Eclipse 3 hood/filter system on my 20H tank. It used to be a cichlid tank but a few years ago I switched it over to planted. Since then I've discovered the Eclipse to be a royal pain when it comes to trimming, planting, etc. I have to take the light fixture off, and then the hood-mounted filter gets in the way. I'm considering switching to a glass-top or preferably an semi open-top tank (would still have to have the light sitting on the tank).

I've looked through some of the archives but haven't found quite what I'm looking for, which is pictures of different tops of this type of tank top set-up. Recommendations for which might be better in the long run would be great, too if anyone wants to throw them out there.

Laura