Re: [APD] Power Compact Bulb Useful Life: 12 months max

At 12:04 PM 11/12/2003 -0500, Scott Heiber wrote:

The first few hundred hours can give a roughly 10% drop, and the next 10% takes a year or two.

Scott,

I only have my four data points, but I measured between 1 and 1.5 f-stops drop in output on my four bulbs. That's more like 50+% than 20%, again recognizing that the light meter may not have been measuring spectrum usable to the plants.

But you're right, you don't notice it until you plug new ones in!